15th Annual Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon
Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Alex and Jeri Vereschagin Alumni House, Regents Board Room
1022 Dave Brubeck Way, University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA 95204, USA
The Annual Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon recognizes female-identified Pacific students, faculty, staff and members of the Stockton community who have made significant contributions to the advancement of women and gender equity, and/or who have demonstrated outstanding professional or public leadership.
Pacific welcomes Pam Gibbs '92, director of governmental relations for the Los Angeles County Office of Education, as keynote speaker for this year's luncheon.
Before joining LACOE, Gibbs worked for the Office of Legislative Counsel, where she drafted education legislation and wrote legal opinions on education-related issues. She served in Governor Gray Davis’ Administration as special advisor to the Director of Labor Affairs and Senate Relations.
Gibbs earned her undergraduate degree in Communication at Pacific, with an emphasis in rhetoric and public address. She earned her law degree from Lincoln Law School of Sacramento. She previously served as vice president of the Pacific Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Six awards are given each year. The following will be recognized as 2016 honorees:
- Pacific staff award: Nancy Elium, Tomorrow Project administrator in the Gladys L. Benerd School of Education
- Pacific faculty award: Joan Lin-Cereghino, professor of biological sciences in the College of the Pacific
- Greek woman award: Karly Hammack '15, business administration, member Delta Delta Delta and Theta Alpha Phi, ASuop senator for Greek Life and vice president of finance for the Panhellenic Executive Council.
- Graduate student award: Jinrui "Chrystal" Zhang '13, '17, educational administration and leadership
- Undergraduate student award: Danielle Cummings '16, psychology
- Community leader award: Annie Hughes '92, artist, educator and founder/executive director of the Pixie 12 Arts Foundation, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to mentoring youth through the arts.
Tickets on sale now.
No recent activity