Hands-On Introduction to Advanced Adhesion Dentistry: Problem-Solving Techniques for Your Daily Practice
Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
This course will present advanced adhesion techniques and materials supported by important key research that minimizes the removal of healthy tissue and maximizes bond strengths.
In the last 25 years, there have been major advancements in material science, research, and techniques, however many of these advancements have not been implemented in the majority of dental practices. These techniques can be done simply on a daily basis and can solve virtually every problem with direct composite and indirect restorations A review of some of the popular trends in restorative dentistry that can negatively affect patient satisfaction and referrals will also be discussed.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Immediate dentin sealing: The most important advancement in adhesion dentistry and why it dramatically increases dentin bond strengths for direct and indirect restorations
- Minimally invasive approach to tooth preparation
- How to raise deep margins with direct composite
- How adhesive materials react and interact with natural tooth structure
- Temporization of minimally prepared teeth
- Treating cracks in dentin
You Will Learn
- Step-by-step dentin bonding technique that dramatically increases dentin bond strengths with direct and indirect restorations (immediate dentin sealing)
- Step-by-step composite layering technique that reduces stress
- How to raise deep sub-gingival margins to supra-gingival margins
- How and when to place fibers in composites
- Predictable temporization techniques
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for all dentists interested in hands-on training in adhesion dentistry.
University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry wishes to acknowledge and thank Kuraray and Premier Dental Products for their generous support of this program.
Early Bird Tuition: $445* (for registrations received by November 1)
Regular Tuition: $495*
*Course includes lunch and coffee/tea service in the morning.
Program: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Check-in: 8:30 am
Location: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, SF
Credits: This activity is designated for 6 units of continuing education credit.