About this Event
Add to calendar
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Give blood, save lives.
As oral health care providers and supporters, we at the Dugoni School strive to help people lead healthy lives and to lead philanthropic lives ourselves by giving back – what better way to do both than donating life-saving blood!
- All Donors should review Blood Donor Qualifications prior to making an appointment. Donor Qualifications
- Donors are encouraged to make an appointment. Click here to schedule your life saving appointment
- Donors should arrive well-nourished and hydrated.
- Donors need photo identification with first and last name.
- The donation process takes approximately one hour (add an additional 20 minutes for a double red cell donation).
- Double Red Cell Donation – Power up your donation with an automated double red cell donation.
- The minimum age to give blood is 16. Donors 16 and 17 years of age are required to have a signed/dated Vitalant Minor Donor Permit each time they donate. Both pages need to be returned and completed in pen. Rev 4 is the most recent revision. Minor Donor Permit
- Fast Track – Donors can complete the health questionnaire online prior to arriving to the drive; visit vitalant.org and click the ‘Health History Questionnaire’ link. The questionnaire must be completed the same day as the donation. Fast Track Link
- Blood transfusions save lives and there is no substitute for human blood; every two seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
- One in seven people entering a hospital need blood; twenty percent of recipients are children.
- A pint of blood can help up to three people.
- Only 10% of eligible California donors give blood; twenty percent of California’s supply comes from outside the state because not enough people donate locally.
- Did we mention it saves lives?
- It could be you, or a loved one, who needs blood…be a donor!
For more information, contact Rowena O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.