Family Day in the Park
Saturday, September 16 at 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
University Park 510 E. Magnolia, Stockton, CA
The Record’s Literacy and Book Fair - Family Day at the Park - provides a full day of fun and educational activities for the entire community.
University of the Pacific partners with more than 80 businesses and community organizations to provide interactive projects that include making bookmarks, greeting cards, a miniature city, art projects, storytelling and recreational activities. Mascots, street entertainers, and entertainment by the Cesar Chavez High School Music Department, Sparkles and Ravioli the Clowns, are also festival favorites.
Pacific will have five groups with booths as part of Library Lane:
1. Community Involvement Program students will dress as super heroes and read to children (and pass out a Pacific super hero cape to each youngster who listens to a book reading)
2. Center for Community Involvement students will play Brain Quest with children and pass out information on its tutoring and mentoring programs
3. Beyond Our Gates will have activities focused on literacy
4. Reaching For The Stars Foundation will engage children in science experiments
5. The Multi-Cultural Center also will have youth activities
In addition, Pacific President Pamela Eibeck will read to children at 10:30 a.m. at the First 5 booth.
A mascot parade, led by the Cesar Chavez Drum Corp will kick-off the activities at 9:30am. All attendees are invited to join in the fun by marching along with the mascots in the parade.
University Park is located at California and Magnolia Streets in the Magnolia District of Central Stockton.
For further information visit the website: www.familydayatthepark.com.