Hands-On Introduction to Advanced Adhesion Dentistry: Problem-Solving Techniques for Your Daily Practice
Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
This class is full. Please sign up for our waitlist here.
During the last 25 years, there have been major advancements in material science, research and techniques, however, many of these advancements have not been implemented in the majority of dental practices. This course will present advanced adhesion techniques and materials supported by important key research that minimizes the removal of healthy tissue and maximizes bond strengths. These techniques can be done simply on a daily basis and can solve virtually every problem with direct composite and indirect restorations. A review of some of the popular trends in restorative dentistry that can negatively affect patient satisfaction and referrals will also be discussed.
- Immediate dentin sealing: the most important advancement in adhesion dentistry and why it dramatically increases dentin bond strengths for direct and indirect restorations
- Low-stress, high-bond strength composite placement technique
- How to raise deep margins with direct composite
- How adhesive materials react and interact with natural tooth structure
- Which materials mimic the natural properties of dentin and enamel
- Dentin cracks: how to diagnose and treat them
You Will Learn
- Step-by-step dentin bonding technique that dramatically increases dentin bond strengths with direct and indirect restorations (immediate dentin sealing)
- Step-by-step composite layering technique that reduces stress
- How to raise deep sub-gingival margins to supra-gingival margins
- How and when to place fibers in composites
- Stress-reduced post and core technique
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all dentists interested in hands-on training in adhesion dentistry.
Early Bird Tuition: $395 (for registrations received by September 21)
Regular Tuition: $445
Program: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Check-in: 8:30 am
Location: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, SF
Credits: This activity is designated for 6 units of continuing education credit.
Program is limited to 24 participants; includes lunch and coffee/tea service in the morning.
Troy Schmedding, DDS, has been a practicing cosmetic and restorative dentist for 20 years. He is a 1993 honors graduate from the Dugoni School of Dentistry and currently maintains a private practice in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Schmedding is one of approximately 450 dentists internationally to achieve accreditation status in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He works with numerous manufacturers on implementation and testing of restorative products being brought to market. He speaks and teaches nationally on both aesthetic and restorative dentistry.
University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry would like to acknowledge and thank Kuraray for their generous support for this program