Predental Simulation Course
Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 7:45 am to 6:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Registration is now closed. Course is full.
This course is limited to 50 students. Due to the popularity of this course, students will be selected by lottery.
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, in partnership with ASDA, provides this course to give students a hands-on approach to learning about what the dental profession entails. Participants will get a chance to work at the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry's pre-clinical simulation laboratory. You will develop new skills, test your abilities and learn about the admission process into dental school. At the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and experience to help you decide if dentistry is the right career choice for you, as well as make you a stronger applicant.
- Prepare a class I restoration on an ivorine tooth
- Condense amalgam into a class I restoration of an ivorine tooth
- Use composite: tooth-colored restorative material
- Use the composite cure light
- Detect basic interproximal caries on X-rays
- Identify the permanent dentition
- Use articulating paper
- Use a dental high-speed hand piece
- Use various dental instruments
- Participate in a Q & A session with Pacific's admissions office
- Take a practical for certification of attendance
This course is limited to 50 undergraduate students.
Course Fee (nonrefundable): $150.00
The lottery link will be available soon.
Registration will close on Monday, March 13.
You will receive an email notifying you whether or not you were selected in the lottery by Tuesday, March 15. If you are selected, the email will have instructions on how to submit your fee online.
The fee will be due on Tuesday, March 28.
If you have any questions, please contact Darlene Tam at 415.929.6493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.