Implant Fixed Prosthetics: A Hands-On Program
Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Restorative implant techniques and technology are evolving rapidly. This program is designed to reinforce the basic concepts of aesthetic implant dentistry and focuses on real-world techniques that can be applied to all implant manufacturers. This course covers traditional and digital impressions, immediate and delayed loading, tissue aesthetics, tissue forming with a temporary restoration, abutment type and contour selection, screw versus cemented indications and the principles of cementation. This course will focus on details of aesthetic single-tooth implant restorations and short-span fixed prosthesis.
The hands-on portion will include traditional and digital impressions, chairside temporary fabrication, abutment placement and torqueing.
You Will Learn
- To better understand implant aesthetics
- Abutment choices: standard vs. custom, ceramic versus titanium
- Techniques of soft tissue principles and management associated with implant restorations
- To discuss delayed vs. immediate implant restoration
- Indications for cement vs. screw retained restorations
- Digital impression options for implant restorations
- Cementation techniques and materials for implant restorations
- To utilize techniques for immediate load, immediate temporization and tissue development
Who Should Attend
This hands-on program is designed for all general practitioners.
Tuition: $495 until April 20, $545 after
Credits: This activity is designated for 7 units of continuing education credit.
* Program limited to 24 participants; includes lunch and coffee/tea service in the morning.
Dino S. Javaheri, DMD, is a well-known expert in the field of aesthetic dentistry. A sought-after speaker, he has been recognized as a leader in continuing education for the past 19 years. He is the course director for several aesthetic and implant programs at the Dugoni School of Dentistry. Dr. Javaheri has written numerous articles for leading dental journals.