Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Reaccreditation - Public Meeting
Monday, November 11 at 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Chan Family Health Sciences Learning Center and Clinics , Room 114
757 Brookside Road, Stockton, CA
The master of science program in speech-language pathology at University of the Pacific is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
The program’s accreditation period is November 1, 2011 through October 31, 2019. The program is currently seeking reaccreditation for the next 8-year period (November 1, 2019-October 31, 2027).
Individuals who wish to provide input about a CAA-accredited program seeking reaccreditation may do so in two ways:
1. By submitting written comments prior to the accreditation site visit in accordance with the procedures specified in the Policy on Public Comment; all comments about education programs are due in the Accreditation Office no later than fifteen (15) days before the first day of the scheduled site visit, or
2. Attending and providing comments at a public meeting during the program’s scheduled site visit.
All comments provided must:
- Relate to a program’s compliance with the current published Standards for Accreditation of Graduate Education Programs in Speech-Language Pathology (Standards) in effect at the time comments are submitted, and
- Identify the specific program seeking candidacy, initial accreditation, or reaccreditation with the CAA.
Individuals who wish to submit written testimony about any of the programs scheduled for a site visit must adhere to the following procedures:
- All written testimony—including comments faxed or submitted as e-mail attachments—must include the commenter’s name, address and telephone contact information and the commenter’s relationship to the program in order for Accreditation staff to verify the source of the testimony. All comments must be signed.
Comments should be submitted to:
Accreditation Public Comment
Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2200 Research Boulevard, #310
Rockville, MD 20850
A copy of the Standards for Accreditation and/or the CAA’s Policy on Public Comment may be obtained by contacting the Accreditation Office at ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, calling ASHA’s Action Center at 1-800-498-2071, or accessing the documents online at caa.asha.org