McGeorge School of Law Global Center Conference
Friday, April 5 at 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday, April 6 at 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Pacific McGeorge School of Law
3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA
Changing Regulation of Pharmaceuticals: Issues in Pricing, Intellectual Property, Trade and Ethics
The Global Center at McGeorge is hosting a two-day conference exploring complex issues concerning the modern legal treatment of pharmaceuticals which contributes to the high cost of global healthcare.
The conference is co-sponsored by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, Drake University Law School, VIT University Law School in India, University of Copenhagen’s Centre for the Advanced Study of Biomedical Innovation Law in Denmark and the Novo Nordisk Foundation, Texas A&M University Law School, China University of Political Science and Law, Wake Forest University Law School, and Schinders Law (Guangzhou, China).
The conference will feature over 40 confirmed speakers, including:
- Jay Thomas (Georgetown Law)
- Mark Lemley (Stanford Law)
- Henry Greely (Stanford Law)
- Dean Manimuthu Gandhi (VIT University Law)
- Timo Minssen (University of Copenhagen Law)
- Jacob Sherkow (New York Law School)
- April Alexander (Pharmacy Care Management Association)
- Liza Vertinsky (Emory Law)
- Cynthia Ho (Loyola-Chicago Law)
- Sunshine Moore (America’s Health Insurance Plans)
- Jorge Contreras (Utah Law)
- Mike Mireles (Pacific Law)
- Margo Bagley (Emory Law)
- Judge Mark Schweizer (President of Switzerland’s Federal Patent Court)
- Simone Rose (Wake Forest Law)
- Chris Holman (UMKC and Drake Law)
- Peter K. Yu (Texas A&M Law)
- Hans Sauer (VP for IP, BIO).
Registration information to come in 2019!