About this Event
Add to calendar
The Graduate School, University Library, and the Office of Resarch and Sponsored Programs present:
Your chance to discover research conducted by the Pacific community and to build your research development and presentation skills.
Join us by clicking the following Zoom Link: http://bit.ly/research-tues
March 2 - An Intro to Open Educational Resources
- Interested in learning more about OER or hearing more about available grants for faculty to develop OER over the summer? Come to this talk and get a crash course in all things Open!
March 16 - "Did you know this could be bad for you?": Faculty Research Panel
- Sachin A. Shah, PharmD, FACC, FAHA: Professor, Regional Coordinator, Director of Pharmacy Research and Education - Travis Air Force Base
- Christian Cardona: Graduate Student, Communication
- Chris Sablynski, PhD: Associate Professor of Management
- James Chen, DDS, PhD: Assistant Professor of Orthodontics
March 23 -Mind/Body Research & Exercises #3
- Research shows taking time out of your day for breathing and self-acupressure is beneficial for letting go of stress and boosting your learning. This talk will provide techniques and tips on ways to develop an effective self-care routine.
March 30 - Communicating with Passion: Faculty Research Panel
- Teresa Bergman, PhD: Professor/Chair, Communication
- Leslie Jacobs, JD: Director, Capital Center for Law & Policy and Justice Anthony M. Kennedy Professor of Law
- Kevin Pontuti, MFA: Director and Professor/Chair, Media X
April 6 - Misinformation & Fake News
- The proliferation of fake news during the 2019/2020 global pandemic and political races from presidential to mayoral is alarming. Evaluating sources, media literacy, and information literacy are more important than ever. This talk will give strategies in evaluating sources, and being an informed consumer.
April 13 - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Research at Pacific and Beyond: Research Panel
- Wenjing Ouyang, PhD: Associate Professor of Accounting
- Matthew Goodrid, MA: Alumnus, Health Exercise and Sport Sciences
April 20 - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Library Audit Report
- In Fall 2020, President Callahan announced several Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) projects that the university would commence, including a DEI Audit of the Library’s collections. This presentation will cover the initial results of hiring students, finalizing methodology for the audits in concert with the students, and student feedback on the project and their learning outcomes for the semester-long project.