The Art and Science of Aesthetic Dentistry
Sunday, October 1, 2017
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
In this comprehensive, three-day program that combines hands-on workshops and lectures, you will learn how to create superior anterior and posterior restorations that will be versatile, fully functional and predictable. This course will expose all participants, regardless of professional level of expertise, to the newest concepts, materials and techniques for aesthetic treatment modalities.
You Will Learn
- To choose the right restorative materials for your practice
- To prepare teeth for veneers
- To fabricate aesthetic and diagnostic temporaries
- How to avoid tooth sensitivity
- To choose the right cement and technique for all-ceramic restorations
- How to treatment plan implants into an aesthetic case
- To evaluate and design smiles
- To create beautiful anterior and posterior direct restorations
- The fundamentals of occlusion
- Options with digital impressions and CAD/CAM systems
- How to place a fiber bonded post and rapid cementation techniques
Hands-on Workshops Will Include
Direct class 2 and 4 composites • Direct composite veneers • Veneer preparation
- Direct Materials
- Indirect Materials
- Posterior Directs
- Posterior Indirects; Smile Design
- Avoiding Implant Complications
- Implant Treatment Planning
- Facial Aesthetic Procedures
- Shade Matching
- Occlusion Fundamentals
- Laboratory Workshop
- Veneer Preparation
- Temporary Fabrication
- Veneer Cementation
- Laboratory Workshop
Who Should Attend
This intensive, fast-paced course is designed for both beginning and advanced clinicians.
Early Bird Tuition: $1,395 (for registrations received by September 4)
Regular Tuition: $1,495
Program: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Friday & Saturday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Sunday
Check-in: 7:30 am Friday
Location: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, SF
Credits: This activity is designated for 23 units of continuing education credit.
Program is limited to 24 participants; includes continental breakfast and lunch each day.
Dino S. Javaheri, DMD, is a well-known leader in the field of aesthetic dentistry. A sought-after speaker, he has been recognized as a leader in continuing education for the past 20 years. He is the course director for several aesthetic and implant programs at the Dugoni School of Dentistry. Dr. Javaheri has written numerous articles for leading dental journals.
Michael Jacobs, DDS, BS, MS, is currently the director of the dental general practice residency program at the Department of Veterans’ Affairs Medical Center in San Francisco. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists.
Kian Farzaneh, DDS, OMFS, is an accomplished oral and maxillofacial surgeon, caring for people in Danville and the greater Bay Area. He is currently on staff at the John Muir Medical Center, and lectures and offers continuing education to colleagues in California. He graduated with honors from the Dugoni School of Dentistry in 1999.