Trends, Innovations, Controversies and Clinical Tips
Saturday, October 5 at 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
155 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Knowledge of the latest indirect dental materials is vital to maximizing the aesthetic and functional success of your team-created restorations. Dental materials are sometimes being brought to market and being widely used in patients without adequate science-based evidence. Dr. Adams will help you increase your understanding of the most advanced dental materials with the goal of making better informed choices, present some of the latest trends and related innovations and share some useful clinical tips.
You Will Learn
- The latest trends, developments and innovations in dentistry
- Ways to minimize all-ceramic failures/fractures
- 100% zirconium restorations: evidence-based data versus future challenges?
- New hybrid polycrystalline ceramics: recommendations on implementation
- The latest preparation and core build-up requirements for lithium disilicate and monolithic zirconia restorations
- Review and update of the latest translucent zirconia options: indications, special cautions and future challenges
- Cementation protocols and bioactive cements for lab-fabricated materials
- Surface treatments for all-ceramics – making it much simpler!
- Diagnosis and treatment planning considerations for lab-fabricated restorative materials
- Three good reasons you should not wait to own and regularly use a soft-tissue laser
- A brief update on revolutionary developments in composite resin materials
- The latest trends in composite resin prep design, restorative placement and injection-molded techniques, and composite resin options for complex cases
- A brief review of CAD/CAM/scanning and printing technologies for the dental office
Who Should Attend
Dentists and allied dental professionals are encouraged to attend this informative course.
Tuition: $295 Dentists; $195 Allied Dental Professionals
(includes lunch and morning coffee/tea service)
Program: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Check-in: 8:30 am
Location: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, 155 Fifth Street, SF
Credits: This activity is designated for 6 units of continuing education credit.
Damon C. Adams, DDS, is a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and an assistant clinical professor at the University of Toledo, College of Medicine’s Dental Residency program. He is the editor-in-chief of Dentistry Today and is listed in Dentistry Today ’s leaders in continuing education. Dr. Adams lectures internationally focusing on updates in dental materials, the latest trends and innovations in dentistry, doctor-technician relationships and techno-clinical perspectives. In addition to his years in private practice, he has had the opportunity to serve as a doctor-technician liaison for numerous dental labs throughout North America since 1996.