Weekend in the Wine Country: Restorative Dentistry and Dental Implants
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Sunday, April 25, 2021
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa 100 Boyes Blvd, Sonoma, CA 95476
Join us for a rejuvenating weekend program at the Vintners Resort in Sonoma County. Two outstanding speakers, L. Stephen Buchanan, DDS, and Foroud Hakim, DDS, will present lectures on Saturday and Sunday mornings, leaving your afternoons free to enjoy the spa at the Vintners Resort and the multitude of wineries and activities in Sonoma County.
Endodontics: Everything has Changed Except the Anatomy
L. Stephen Buchanan, DDS
Everything in the field of endodontics—the concepts, the tools and the techniques—is changing at an accelerated rate. How do we discern which of these will improve our endodontic diagnoses and procedures and which will go by the wayside? The only thing that hasn’t changed is the anatomy of our patients’ roots and the complex root canal systems hidden within them because this is where the disease state lives. Fortunately, dental science marches on, bringing more profound changes in the last five years than the previous 20. This presentation will explore and demonstrate the best tools and practices from around the world, including dynamic guidance for calcified access, multi-sonic irrigation, heads-up microscopy and how bio-ceramic filling materials have greatly simplified our 3D obturation methods.
You Will Learn
- How and when dynamic guidance can be used in endodontics to empower minimally invasive access procedures and to control cutting accuracy to within 1/4 to 1/2 mm
- How irrigation tools and techniques have advanced and how to use them
- How heads-up microscopy can extend dentists’ careers
- How bio-ceramics can be used with simplified techniques to three dimensionally fill the most complex root canal systems in seconds
Restorative Dentistry in Contemporary Practice: Overcoming Daily Challenges
Foroud Hakim, DDS, MBA
One can argue that we are in the most rewarding era of restorative dental practice. The explosion in advanced material science, technologies, new deliveries and the digital era fulfill this promise, but also create a unique challenge for the contemporary practitioner. How does one keep up with this boom? What materials should we consider migrating towards? What technologies will truly improve efficiency and patient care? Some key topics in Dr. Hakim’s presentation will include: contemporary adhesion principles, eliminating sensitivity, resin dentistry designed to last, ceramic selection and delivery, contemporary endodontic rehabilitation, analogue and digital impression capture, shade selection, minimally invasive approach to rehabilitation and efficiencies that go right to the bottom line.
You Will Learn
- Foolproof and lasting adhesion
- Case and tooth-based composite selection including bulk fill scenarios
- The materials and techniques needed for direct composite restorations
- Techniques to ensure predictable and accurate impression without remakes
- Substrate, occlusion and aesthetic demand-based ceramic selection and delivery
- Tips and tricks for both direct and indirect applications
- Who Should Attend
- This program is designed for all dentists and allied dental professionals.
Tuition: $595 Dentists; $495 Allied Dental Professionals
Program: 8:00 am – 12:00 noon each day
Check-in: 7:30 am on Saturday
Location: Vintners Resort, 4350 Barnes Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Credits: This activity is designated for 8 units of continuing education credit.
Program includes breakfast each day.